Browns Called Out for ‘Odd’ Shedeur Sanders Situation After Latest News
The Cleveland Browns are open to giving Shedeur Sanders more opportunities as their starting quarterback, though one prominent insider has pointed out the odd behavior the team has displayed around its rookie passer.
Sanders will draw his second start in Week 13 against the San Francisco 49ers. He won his starting debut last week, helping the Browns down the Las Vegas Raiders
“Sanders now has the opportunity not only to start again Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers but also to play well enough to continue earning starts for the rest of this season,” Schefter said. “This is the opportunity in front of Sanders. The Browns are open to playing him now, but they also are not rushing to any judgments. For now, they know he is their quarterback and he has another chance to gain more trust, silence more critics and prove he can be the Browns’ answer at quarterback.”
Florio: Browns Treatment of Shedeur Sanders ‘Just Odd’
It’s a straightforward directive for Sanders: play well and you’ll keep playing. But Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk argued that Cleveland’s overall handling of their rookie quarterback has felt off from the moment they drafted him at No. 144.
Florio noted that Sanders should represent a fresh source of hope for the franchise, particularly as the Browns continue to navigate the fallout from the Deshaun Watson trade and his $230 million contract
“While it’s kooky to say Sanders is being sabotaged, it’s not a stretch to say that something seems off. And when something seems off, that’s when imaginations run wild,”
Browns QB Shedeur Sanders Clears Up Kevin Stefanski Relationship
Sanders shut down a question this week about the idea of him being “sabotaged” by Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski. He also provided some insight into their relationship.
“Definitely like a coach,” Sanders said. “He tells me what I need to do on and off the field. We’ve definitely grown. Our relationship and everything has grown, so I’m just thankful to be here.”
The latest move drawing criticism for Stefanski came after Sunday’s win, when he opted not to give Shedeur Sanders the game ball following his victorious starting debut. Instead, the honor went to Myles Garrett, who earned it with three sacks while breaking his own franchise single-season record.
“Every game, you go into it trying to just highlight guys,” Stefanski said. “Myles [Garrett] got a game ball. I thought he was probably pretty worthy. But you’re just trying to constantly recognize your guys.
“Obviously, a rookie starting his first game on the road, getting a win is huge. So you acknowledge all that with your team.”
Sanders’ next test comes on Sunday against the 49ers. The Browns are
Heat’s Erik Spoelstra ‘not stressed’ on Nikola Jovic’s ‘uneven’ start to season

MIAMI – As the Miami Heat have a relatively healthy roster at the current moment, what comes with that is sacrifices by players, whether it be a starter moving to the bench or maybe not even getting playing time at all. One
There’s no denying that Jovic has had an
Not being a part of Miami’s 10-man rotation on Wednesday, Spoelstra would speak about Jovic’s development and even said to ClutchPoints that he’s “not stressed” about the 22-year-old’s start.
“We’re going to continue to push for that development,” Spoelstra said before Saturday’s game against the Detroit Pistons. “And it’s the beginning of the year, so far it’s been a little bit uneven, but that’s going to happen to young guys. I’m not stressed out about that. A challenge when you’re coaching a team that has several young guys, it’s probably not realistic that everybody’s gonna hit at the same time.”
“So there’s going to be some little ups and downs, but he’s dedicated,” Spoelstra continued. “We’ll continue to work with him. He’s not out, like I don’t view it that way. He was out for an injury, and then other guys were playing well. That’s a good thing, guys are playing well in making these decisions difficult, he’ll have plenty of opportunities, might be tonight.”
Heat’s Nikola Jovic on his uncertain role

There could be concern from some within the fanbase as the Heat gave Jovic a $62.4 million contract extension, committing to the development that he’s made. Still, Jovic has been through this type of funk before, not playing in six straight games, but finishing the remaining 32 games with double-digit minutes, leading Jovicadmitting how
“I’m good,” Jovic said, according to The Miami Herald. “It’s something that happens, you know, I guess every season now. I’ll be back, I’ll get back on the court again, I’ll get a chance, and I’ll show that I can play again. And then the circle comes around.”
“It’s still difficult,” Jovic continued after Friday afternoon’s practice. “You don’t want to be out. It gets a little confusing. But now it’s really become a, I guess, normal thing. The good thing is I have examples like Duncan [Robinson] before, who would be a big piece and then not play at all, and a lot of stuff like that. So I’m just chilling and waiting for my opportunity.”
In fact, Jovic would keep it light-hearted, using himself as a way to complement the team’s depth.
“I think if I’m the 11th guy on the bench, I think we have a pretty good team,” Jovic said, reportedly with a smile.
At any rate, Miami is 13-6 before Saturday’s game against the Pistons, looking itsheir seventh straight win as the team closes the current home stretch on Monday night against the Los Angeles Clippers.