Bills Dalton Kincaid Injury: Expert Gives Blunt Opinion on Status vs. Steelers
Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott delivered some grim news on Friday morning before the team’s final practice of the week and two days before the Bills face the Pittsburgh Steelers in what amounts to a must-win game for Buffalo at Acrisure Stadium.
According to the 51-year-old, 10th-year head coach, the Bills will be without four starters for Sunday’s game, with the Bills fighting to hold on to the seventh and final playoff berth in the AFC.
Perhaps most importantly, the Bills will be missing not just one but two starting offensive linemen, Dion Dawkins and Spencer Brown, which is likely to make it a long day for reigning NFL MVP quarterback Josh Allen, whose 28 sacks are already the sixth-most endured by any QB in the NFL.
The last time the Bills played a game with two of their regular starting offensive linemen out injured, according to data posted by WROC-TV sports director Thad Brown, came on November 7, 2021, Allen’s fourth year. The Bills lost that game to the Jacksonville Jaguars 9-6. Allen was sacked four times in that game.
Kincaid Listed as Questionable
But Allen may be missing another important piece of his offense — again. After sitting out the last two Bills games — a loss to the Houston Texans following a win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers — third-year tight end Dalton Kincaid is questionable to take part in Sunday’s game against Pittsburgh, according to McDermott.
Kincaid suffered a hamstring injury in the third quarter of the Bills’ shocking Week 10 loss to the Miami Dolphins. The 2023 first-round draft pick was quickly ruled out of that game and has not played since.
On Wednesday, McDermott said that Kincaid had “a chance” to play against the Steelers, in the CBS nationally televised game at 4:25 p.m. ET. With the “questionable” classification, it appears that McDermott and the Bills’ staff believe that Kincaid still has a “chance” to take part in the game.
Kincaid Limited in Friday Practice
Kincaid was also described as a limited participant in Friday’s Buffalo practice session. According to a 2025 study of more than 2,000 NFL injuries, players with hamstring injuries who also have limited participation in Friday practice — the final session before the Sunday game — ended up playing in the game 61.1 percent of the time. Kincaid did not practice on Wednesday and was limited both on Thursday and Friday.
But injury expert Kyle Trimble, a physical therapist who analyzes and documents injuries to Bills players on his aptly titled website Banged Up Bills, was more skeptical.
Going through recent Bills history, Trimble — writing in a social media post Friday — found “only a few instances of that practice pattern with a hamstring.”
Mason McTavish's NHL Trade Fate to the Vancouver Canucks Officially Sealed After Weeks of Rumors
-1755316643-q80.webp)
After weeks of rumors linking Mason McTavish to the Canucks, his trade fate has officially been sealed, as it appears the Ducks will not be trading him away.
The Vancouver Canucks have been seeking to bolster their roster ahead of training camp, and one player widely speculated to have been linked to them over the last few weeks was Anaheim Ducks restricted free agent Mason McTavish.
Less than a month after news surfaced that the Canucks had interest in the former third-overall pick, there is another report that appears to shut the door.
On BPM Sports Radio in Quebec, Marco D'Amico of RG.org revealed that while McTavish is what the Montreal Canadiens, another interested suitor, are seeking, the Ducks forward is not available for trade, which means he is now off the table for the Canucks, too.
'McTavish checks all the boxes for the Canadiens, but he is not available.' Marco D'Amico said.
NHL insider Frank Seravalli supported that notion earlier this week, stating it doesn't appear that McTavish is going to be changing clubs this summer. He also eliminated the possibility of an offer sheet, saying the situation is on hold for the moment.
Re Mason McTavish: 'He was a hot topic...a guy who I think could potentially use a change of scenery; I don't think that's ultimate going to happen...don't see him as an offer sheet candidate.'- Frank Seravalli
The Canucks Will Need to Turn Their Attention to Other Players They're Linked to Instead
With McTavish supposedly off the board, the Canucks might be forced to change gears if they still intend to sign a second centerman prior to the start of the season.
One possible course of action might be going back to the Minnesota Wild to try and sign Marco Rossi, a signing Vancouver supposedly made an overture on close to two months ago.
If that fails, Jack Roslovic is also in the picture and linked to the Canucks. At least for now, it appears Mason McTavish will remain in Anaheim, and the Canucks will have to look elsewhere to fill out their roster.